Last year, Alpina introduced its first Horological Smartwatch collection. The horological smartwatches from Alpina are more than a gadget, they offer groundbreaking technology as well as the Swiss quality Alpina always stands for. The smartwatches from Alpina preserve the design and offer a traditional Swiss watch, with the addition of a connected “smart” feature.
With the blue Horological Smartwatch Alpina launches a new aesthetical execution of its Smartwatch while maintaining the technological features. The new look includes a more casual, subtle design in comparison to its full-steel predecessor.
The new blue Alpina Horological Smartwatch is proposed in an elegant execution featuring a polished and brushed stainless steel case with a diameter of 44 millimetres.
The new blue Horological Smartwatch combines a classy navy sunray dial combined with a genuine brown leather strap with red lining asides, turning the original sporty watch collection into a more well-dressed timepiece.
The dial comes with luminous indexes and displays central hours and minutes; the smart counter is positioned at 6 o’clock. The small red hand indicates the date during the activity tracking mode and will point out the moon during the sleep tracking mode, while the small steel hand shows the percentage of activity or sleep goals achieved.
In general, the function of the Alpina Horological Smartwatch are:
- The watch keeps track of daily steps, calories burned and total distance.
- For sleep tracking, the watch can be worn at night or simply placed under the pillow. This function provides details on how much time is spent sleeping, light sleeping or awake.
- The watch picks up the time from the connected smartphone and displays it automatically. Time and date do not have to be set manually, even when travelling to different time zones.
- A smart sleep alarm wakes the wearer at the best appropriate time in the sleep circle and a get active alert reminds the wearer to move regularly.
- All data can be recovered through a cloud when the watch or phone get lost.
- For the frequent traveler there’s also a world timer available where a traveler can keep track of its hometown’s time.
One of the main assets of this model is that the battery life is 2+ years, so this smartwatch is not a device that needs to be charged every night.
A smartwatch that is not only horological but does not at all look like a smartwatch offers the best of two worlds. A really nice watch with Swiss technology and a smart device pairing up with the phone for all the coolest features.